“Each junior golfer shall be guided by the highest standards of sportsmanship. He or she must report punctually to the proper officials, exhibit self-discipline and respect towards the participating club, its members and guests, the public and fellow competitors.”
The Borck Memorial gives junior golfers an opportunity to compete at a high level on some of the finest courses in Fairfield County. In the spirit of fair play and friendly sportsmanship, we will play according to the following set of rules:
- As a contestant, you will be required to register at the table near the pro shop as soon as you arrive at the tournament. Volunteers at the table will give you your bag tag, and be available to answer any questions you may have.
- You may carry your own clubs or use a caddy. Parents are not permitted to caddy for contestants.
- Pairings and Starting Times
- Pairings and starting times will be published in the Connecticut Post on Sunday, July 29, 2012. Starting times will also be emailed to contestants. You will be expected to report to the starter on the first tee at least 30 minutes ahead of your assigned starting time.
- Score Card
- The starter will give you and your playing partners your official score card, which must be properly signed at the end of your round and returned to the tournament committee as you leave the 18th green. Contestants who fail to return their scorecards will be disqualified from participation in the tournament for a period of one year.
- All contestants are required to attend the dinner to be held at Mill River Country Club at 6:30 on Monday evening, July 30, 2012. Contestants will be dining at no charge compliments of The Borck Family Foundation. Reservations for guests of the contestants can be made in advance at a cost of $40.00 per guest. Please register guests early, as this is a popular event. For more information about making dinner reservations, click here.
- The tournament will be conducted in accordance with the Rules of Golf published by the United States Golf Association. The starter will provide a sheet of local rules that may be in effect.
- Officials of the Borck Family Foundation Tournament Committee will make any necessary rulings during play.
- If you do not obey the rules you will be subject to disqualification, just as if you were playing in the United States Open Championship.
- Remember we are guests of the Mill River Country Club. Smooth all footprints in bunkers, repair all ball marks on greens, replace divots and show consideration for your fellow contestants.
- Standards of Conduct
- The tournament committee will be responsible for enforcing the Standards of Conduct, as outlined in The Borck Junior Golf Tournament By-Laws: “Each junior golfer shall be guided by the highest standards of sportsmanship. He or she must report punctually to the proper officials, exhibit self-discipline and respect towards the participating club, its members and guests, the public and fellow competitors.”
Play well, and enjoy the tournament!